Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cocoa Bites from Family Fun Magazine

Coconut is my new FAVORITE food item!! I love coconut oil, butter, EVERYTHING!! I use it from food to beauty products. Sadly I do not YET have a photo of these snacks hence the generic coconut clip art photo of a coconut. I WILL take a pic the next time we make this recipe and post it. :) I made this recipe from the February 2013 Family Fun Magazine. My kiddos LOVED them! I told them they were chocolate balls with LOTS of good things in them to give them energy and make them strong. They dubbed them "Power Balls". :) Mmmmmmm! Whatever you call them they are YUMMO! Power Balls (aka Cocoa Bites) 2 cups whole pitted dates (about 10oz.) 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 1 cup whole almonds 1/4 cup plus 2 T. cocoa powder 1/4 cup water Chop all ingredients except water in food processor until the nuts are finely chopped. Add the water and pulse until the mixture forms a rough paste. With moistened hands, shape heaping teaspoons into balls, then roll them in chopped nuts or coconut to coat. Store in refrigerator for up to a week. (I GUARANTEE they won't last that long!!) Makes about 40 balls. All credit goes to Family Fun Magazine February 2013. These were just TOO good NOT to share, and I couldn't find this exact recipe ANYWHERE online.

No comments: